I have updated libpurple-facebook (openSUSE 11.0, 11.1, Factory package for pidgin-facebookchat) to 1.46, which includes a fix to make it load in openSUSE’s default Pidgin.
- openSUSE 11.1: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://jhaygood/openSUSE_11.1
- openSUSE 11.0: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://jhaygood/openSUSE_11.0
- openSUSE Factory: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://jhaygood/openSUSE_Factory
There’s a much better way to do this now. See my updated post here
I just packaged the pidgin-facebookchat plugin for openSUSE 11.0 and openSUSE 11.1 in my home project in the openSUSE Build Service. The package is called libpurple-facebook to be consistent with other packages.
Enjoy, and please let me know if there are any problems!
What is Geeko Gears? Simple: its a project to redo the build system of Google’s open source Gears software.
- Use autotools to create the Makefile
- Link to system libraries instead of using internal ones
- Allow to be built for all platforms openSUSE supports (32-bit, 64-bit, PowerPC)
- Remain 100% API compatible with upstream